Is Nufone going out of business???

I ordered service over a month ago and have not gotten any info from them. They don't reply to my voice messages for several days (they don't answer their phones!) and reply to my email messages a week or so after I've sent them, if I'm lucky enough to get a reply at all. I tried reporting them to the Better Business Bureau but apparently they are not listed (for good reason).

Does anyone know anything about their status?

So far my Nufone experience has been a total nightmare and I can't wait to hand my business over to a reputable/upstanding business.

Reply to
Angry Customer
Loading thread data ...

So do it... Why wait for Nufone to go under?

Reply to
DevilsPGD

I thought Nufone was the only game in town for Asterisk specific VOIP.

Can you offer a recommendation?

Thanks

Reply to
Angry Customer

This page lists Asterisk configurations for various VOIP providers:

formatting link
There are more that Asterisk can use, but these are the ones users have documented so far.

Reply to
James H. Thompson

There are more SIP VOIP providers than you can shake a stick at. Too bad it is so time consuming to piece together the information from the vendor's web pages. I see 111 potential candidates listed on this following page. (Scroll down to "VOIP to/from PSTN services")

formatting link

Here are the ones that I tripped across in my random walk. I was only considering places that had

Reply to
Wolfgang S. Rupprecht

Is this their website?

formatting link
If so, I hate to say it, but they need a better site design and a better way to accept payments. With something like *that* up, and with verbiage like:

"Until we can launch our automated signup system, you can paypal sales @ nufone.net a username and secret you wish to use or call xxx-xxx-xxxx or xxx-xxx-xxxx to manually debit your credit card."

The thing just REEKS of shoddy, fly-by-night operation. Money up-front, and via PAYPAL? Jeez!

Reply to
Isaiah Beard

Yes, we offer IAX and SIP as well. We use ASTERISK on all our VoIP servers. If you are interested email me back.

Joel Gathercole

Reply to
Joel Gathercole

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.