Latest threads in General Telecommunications Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

I need a 'dog ear' 66-block test clip [telecom]
If you have, or know where I can get, some Suttle 284-1 (or equiv- alent) "Dog ear" test clips for use on 66 blocks, please contact me. Thank you. Bill

Verizon Just Started Selling an LTE-Only LG Flip Phone [telecom]
By Kellex It's not often that we talk about a basic flip phone around these parts. With smartphones available at almost any price point, it seems sort of silly to even consider a dumb or basic phone...

Marissa Mayer resigns as Verizon closes 4.5B deal for Yahoo [telecom]
By Ingrid Lunden It's now official. After Yahoo shareholder approval last week, Verizon today announced that it has finally closed its acquisition of Yahoo, which it plans to combine with its AOL...

There's a secret way to get unlimited Verizon hotspot data for $50 a month [telecom]
By Chris Mills These days, cell carriers are pretty clear that they don't want you using mobile internet as an alternative to hardline broadband. With the exception of Verizon's weird smart hub router...

Customer unsatisfied with Centurylink's internet service [telecom]
By Susan Moore I am wondering whether anyone else in this area is feeling cheated by Centurylink. After going back and forth with them about poor internet service since I moved here seven years ago I...

CenturyLink says G.fast is part of a broader software delivery platform vision [telecom]
by Sean Buckley SAN FRANCISCO - CenturyLink's G.fast deployment targeting multiple dwelling units (MDUs) is all about accelerating the service provider's ability to quickly get ahead of customer...

CenturyLink: SD-WAN No Quick Fix [telecom]
By Carol Wilson DALLAS - SD-WAN Strategies for Success - Even as the SD-WAN market takes off, it's critically important to set customer expectations accurately for what this one service can - and...

A word from another devoted AT&T customer. Or not. [telecom]
Thank you for calling AT&T, where customer service is as frigid and unyielding as a January morning. Reader Nancy Chavez responds to AT&T's profits soar as it ships jobs overseas and battles its...

AT&T and Verizon reach agreements with CWA [telecom]
By Martha DeGrasse AT&T agreements will be submitted to union wireline workers for a vote; wireless workers still fighting AT&T and the Communications Workers of America said they have reached a...

AT&T uses forced arbitration to overcharge customers, senators say [telecom]
AT&T claims mandatory arbitration is better for customers than lawsuits. By Jon Brodkin Five Democratic US senators allege that AT&T's use of forced arbitration clauses has helped the company charge...

Comcast X1 secrets and lies [telecom]
TL;DR summary: Pair an X1 remote with the Arris X1 DVR/STB with SETUP-987. Diagnostic mode is EXIT-DOWN-DOWN-2. Now, the whole rant. Comcast is in the process of imposing its X1 set-top box platform...

CenturyLink Union Workers Authorize Strike In Contract Dispute [telecom]
By Edward Gately Centurylink technicians and other workers in Florida who are members of the Communications Workers of America (CWA) have rejected a proposed contract and approved a strike...

Level 3 moves closer to Centurylink merger [telecom]
Level 3 receives more state OKs, moves closer to CenturyLink merger By Jensen Werley BROOMFIELD - Level 3 Communications Inc. in Broomfield received two more state approvals it needs to confirm its...

CenturyLink customers complain about billing nightmares [telecom]
CenturyLink has promised to address customer complaints after [a local television outlet] heard from dozens of cable subscribers who complained about billing nightmares and bait and switch sales...

CenturyLink Fined 23K for Communications Outage [telcom]
OLYMPIA, Wash. (AP) - State regulators have fined CenturyLink $123,000 for failing to notify state officials on time about an outage last fall that left thousands of customers with spotty 911 service....