Installing CCTV

Hi folks, I have an aerial in the loft which feeds three rooms via an un-powered connection/splitter near the aerial. I currently use a booster for each room fitted near the TV. Can I fit some sort of junction box - possibly powered - in place of this splitter to feed the signal from 2 or 3 CCTV cam's (in addition to the digital TV signal)to the three rooms. The reason is it will save a lot of work/mess running the cable(s) through the house.

Reply to
London
Loading thread data ...

Hi, I have been tring to send you the in fo you need, but I keep having the mail returned.

Regards,

Micky Savage,

Modern Security Systems. Leeds. W.Yorkshire.

Reply to
Micky Savage

Could you post the basics on this group please?

Reply to
London

Hi .

File to big. I am going to work now will do it for you tomorrow. I will have to type it .

Micky.

It can be done, but might be a bit pricey.

Any Way

Later.

Reply to
Micky Savage

Than you for the replies. I envisaged a junction box with a feed in of the aerial and say 3 cams. With out lets for the existing three TV cables feeding a room each. As you know a join in this main cable invariably causes a reduction of signal. I was hoping there was such a box available for under £150 - if not - all things considered I will lay new feeds.

Please do not go to any trouble as if it is a big job (see above) i will ignore the existing cables.

Reply to
London

No Trouble man, its a pleasure. Work now cancelled due to thunder storm. Get some paperwork done, feed my ferretts and then I will sort it.

I love my job. I know ( sad ) so it is not a problem.

Later Mick

Reply to
Micky Savage

Hi, You will need a digital modulator. I have made this short, The camera plugs in to the mod, You then come out of the rear of the mod to your T.V cable, " T" of this to your sat or v.c.r then to your telly. Find a spare channel on your v.c.r and tune in to it through the mod. I have installed these quite easy , and to be safe you will also need a combiner. If you have more than one camera in mind a control unit for 4 cameras is available.

I hope this makes sense.

If not I cam fax you all the details from my trade catalogue. Not mine the Company I use.

Hope this helps , good luck.

Kind Regards.

Micky.

Modern Security Systems.

Leeds. W. Yorkshire

Reply to
Micky Savage

Hi

You can get a 4 camera control box to go in the attic & modulate the cameras on to a channel for the TVs. This box will also supply the cameras with 12 volts power & switching can be controlled by various methods including PIR detectors, keyfobs etc. Good, reliable units that we have been installing for 10 years.

formatting link
Regards

Reply to
Les George

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.