UL864

Hello all,

Anyone have any knowledge on what panels are compliant with UL864 and are Fire/Burg capable??

TIA

Les

Reply to
ABLE1
Loading thread data ...

Napco offers a way to make any of their panels UL864 compliant. From their web page describing Netlink:

"Napco NetLink Module, NL-MOD, will allow Napco Gemini Panels, from the P816 thru the X255, to fully, securely communicate alarms, status, supervisories, etc., pinpointed by zone over the internet to the central station?s PC running NL-CSRCV Central Station application software or NetLink TCP/IP UL Receiver(s) NL-RCV-RMPCUL....

Similarly, the universal NET-COMM Module supports any brand system?s alarm reports over the net."

I haven't worked with NETLINK yet so I can't offer more details. Napco's an excellnt company though. You should definitely give them a look.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

The new Napco panel is at UL right now. Expected to be released by the end of the year.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

I use the NL-MOD for access control management clients. The setup is counter intuitive, but once its setup its ultra easy for the client to manage both card and code users and also setup their own special schedules and user groups. I was not aware that it would make a P816 or P1632 UL for commercial burg and fire. What am I missing?

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Ok, so I went and DL'd the install manual for the NL-MOD. It says it can do this and that but when I look at the wiring diagram on page #11 it says that Terminal #3 "DATA(not currently used)". And then on page #10 it shows a hook up to both a Fire Panel and a Generic Panel and Terminal #3 is not connected but it appears that a INput terminal is used to get a Fire or a Supervisory signal but does not appear to have the ability to send zone or detail data for alarms.

If what I am seeing or reading is correct then this NL-MOD has some serious short falls that I can't say I would be interested in working with. I have used the Uplink AnyNet as a backup and it has the same sort of generic inputs to give basic alarm signals. How does the NL-MOD make a panel UL864 compliant???

Or am I just missing something???

TIA

Les

Reply to
ABLE1

Guess I am going to have to go buy a copy (shudder) of UL864 and see what it says. Anyway, the NL-MOD can send full data and provide for full user access or full dealer access to some of the higher end Napco panels. I don't recall reading much about using it with other panels, although if I recall it is cross compatible with some of the Ademco panels for reporting purposes.

Its great on some of my access control sites because I can plug in my laptop anywhere in the buildings and talk directly to the panel(s).

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Did someone say this was commercial? I thought the original post only said UL864 burg + fire.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

I am the OP and I may have not used the word "commercial".

I assumed that for a panel to comply with UL864 it would have to be commercial.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Les

Reply to
ABLE1

I can't say because I haven't read it. Bob L says he's going to buy a copy of the standard.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Yes, but no matter what it will still be a Napco, son of MA3000.

Reply to
Just Looking

The MA3000 is a great panel. I installed lots of them on commercial projects.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

I like the Gem panels better than the MA panels myself. I really like the X255, and I am looking forward to the new commercial fire/burg panel.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Same here. The Gemini series are excellent for any type of residential and many commercial systems. They have excellent feature sets. However, for a small to medium size burg / commercial fire alarm the MA3000 is a great tool.

Did you take the Napco seminar when they came out with that panel? It was about 2 days, mostly studying the software which was a horrid DOS app at the time. The new version is so much easier I can walk an end user through a P3200 system in about 20-30 minutes over the phone.

Bout the only thing that consistently trips up first time DIYers on their panels is the wiring for zones 7 & 8 and the two 2WF/BURG jumpers.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

... And the LCD "ready" message... ;-)

Reply to
Frank Olson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.