tropical paradise

rlb must be right at home in his tropical paradise. birds of a feather flocking together.

formatting link

Reply to
Rapid
Loading thread data ...

"Violence in Brazil Kills More Than 80"????

Reply to
Matt Ion

That is what happens when rlb runs out of condoms he uses to bribe the locals. Plan more carefully next time Robert!

Reply to
Bob Worthy

It's pretty sad. The drug traffickers in Sao Paulo are literally waging war with the police. My second home in Brazil is a great distance from SP. There's always violence in any large city (Salvador has over 2M people) though IME Salvador is much safer than NY or LA and the cops are much nicer than the ones in Philadelphia or Chicago. :^)

Reply to
Robert L Bass

I saw that and thought the exact same thing

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Yea looks like it

formatting link

Reply to
Mark Leuck

With out even looking at the web site,I'd say he's the biggest flock here.

Reply to
Jim

I wish he'd just get the flock outa here.

*** Posted via a free Usenet account from
formatting link
Reply to
mikey

My neighbors across the street are from Columbia. They both got out of their country after their husbands were exectuted for speaking out against the drug problems that cripple their country's natural development.

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas

There are two main reasons why drug trafficking is such a problem in the developing world. First, the first world nations provide ready customers with billions of dollars to spend on illicit drugs. Second (or perhaps it's the other way around), the developing nations made possession of those same drugs a crime. While legalization would do nothing to solve the problem of drug addiction, criminalization has made the drug trade the most profitable industry in the world.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

... developing nations made...

That should have read, "...first world nations made...."

Reply to
Robert L Bass

This has been debated for years. My inclination is that legalizing possession for personal use along with regulated sales by prescription to confirmed addicts would do a lot to kill the illegal drug industry. Unfortunately, there's probably nothing that can be done to reduce addiction itself. People are going to do drugs no matter what the government does about it.

$1500 a week isn't much. Call girls in NYC probably make that in an evening. Interestingly, while prostitution itself isn't illegal in Brazil, there are relatively few cat houses there. What they do have (and lots of it) is AIDS, especially in places like Rio and Sao Paulo. FWIW, I love Brazil. I think it's a great place and I really enjoy the friendly, easy-going lifestyle there but the garotas da programa hold no interest for me. Besides, why go out to buy for hamburger when you have steak at home. :^)

Reply to
Robert L Bass

It will never be legalized in the U.S. because too many politicians are making money from it being illegal. Contractors getting excessive amounts to build new prisons, lots of jobs in law enforcement, not to mention bribes, kickbacks, etc. Having something like illegal drugs is good for the economy. Meanwhile our leaders can all get on their respective soapboxes and preach "Just say no" which makes them look like Mother Theresa to the gullible. Take away the profits for the politicians and the drug problem will go away.

Bob

Reply to
RobertM

And first world countries are too corrupt to stop the users.

Bob

Reply to
RobertM

There's another element, Jim. Drug companies could make heroin cheaper and better than crooks. If it were legalized, addicts would buy it from Walgreen's. That would take the trade away from the crooks.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Upstanding citizen for being a drug pusher? I doubt that'll happen :)

Yet they couldn't nail him on what really counted which was murder and illegal booze

Reply to
Mark Leuck

And those nice addicts would camp out in front of those same Walgreen stores robbing anyone who comes in for other perscriptions

Reply to
Mark Leuck

The drug companies already support "legal" addicts. If an addict (patient) can afford a doctor then don't have to buy addictive drugs on the street. It's just business as usual for the doctors and drug companies.

Bob

Reply to
RobertM

But you already have these upstanding drug pushing citizens. They are called doctors.

Bob

Reply to
RobertM

That is so very true.

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.