I'd rather be right [telecom]

I came across the following while looking for something else, and I'm taking this opportunity to help its author strike a blow for all the bright young kids who had to deal with brain-dead school bureaucrats or dumb down complicated technical issues to the level of the average Bell System manager.

I'd Rather Be Right ... by Lee Goeller

Henry Clay is supposed to have said, "I'd rather be right than President." He was never President, and I know how he feels. I have devoted my life to explaining how things work to an uncaring public while others, uninhibited by such niceties, have become rich. It started in high school when I explained to my science teacher that gravity was NOT caused by lodestone (natural magnet) deep in the earth, and that in "pseudopod," the "p" is silent (as in swimming). I was nearly expelled, but our principal and my science teacher continued a profitable relationship where he built and sold houses which she financed.

More recently, in a review of "Innovation and Entrepreneurship," I pointed out that many of the examples on which Peter Drucker bases his management theories are just plain wrong. However, the Lysenko of Capitalism dominates the business schools and gets fat consulting and book contracts while I struggle along on Social Security. You'd think I would learn, but no. I am now about to expose the entire financial community. Needless to say, it is not worried.

Rest is at

formatting link

Reply to
Telecom Digest Moderator
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.