Power832 "Stay" wont work

I have the following alarm which has been working good for the past 2 years.

Power832 PC5010 v2 LCD5501Z

8 Sensors -01 Motion -02 Motion -03 Motion -04 Door Delay -05 Door -06 Door -07 Door -08 Door

I played with it a little and now when I press STAY, it says BYPASS and none of the sensors cause an alarm. I had bypassed the motion detectors once a few weeks ago but I tought the bypass gets reset when the alarm is turned off. It doesnt say BYPASS when the alarm is ready - only when I press STAY.

Can anyone shed some light on this? Thanks for all.

Guy

Reply to
Guy
Loading thread data ...

1.Explain what you did and what values are now assigned to zones 1-8.
  1. Look at the installation manual to see what the values mean.
Reply to
alarman

Reply to
Bob Worthy

Here are some of the changes I made:

1. In [016], I turned option 7 off so that the system doesn't check for telephone line.
  2. In [301] [302] [303], I removed the telephone numbers for the monitoring company. I'm thinking of programming my cell phone. Not sure if that will work.
  3. In [371], I set to 9999 so that the alarm doesn't do a test.
  4. In [401], I turned off option 1 so that if someone calls twice the system won't answer the phone.

I forgot to mention that I added a smoke detector last year. Here is the Zone programming: 1 = 05: Interior, Stay/Away (Motion) 2 = 05: Interior, Stay/Away (Motion) 3 = 05: Interior, Stay/Away (Motion) 4 = 01: Delay 1 (Main door) 5 = 03: Instant (Other door) 6 = 03: Instant (Patio door) 7 = 03: Instant (Garage door) 8 = 03: Instant (Other garage door) 9 = 07: Delayed 24 Hour Fire (Hardwired)

Here's what happening: The Clock is displayed on the LCD and the Ready Light is on. I hold the "STAY" button for 3 seconds. Then the LCD says Bypass, and the Ready and Alarm lights are on. The alarm doesn't sound when I open a door.

Thanks again, Guy

Reply to
Guy

Not suppose to go off yet ...... STAY or not, the exit delay is still there.

Reply to
A.J.

I checked every bit of programming. It's like it's always been (except for those few changes I made on communications last September).

And I guess it is normal for the display to show "Bypass" in STAY mode because of the motion sensors.

But still, when I open any door in STAY mode, the alarm doesn't sound.

When I do a 901, the alarm sounds as I open these doors, as well as when I walk through the motion sensors.

I did a 902 and a 903.

By the way, the 903 shows 4. I can't remember for sure but isn't it suppose to show 1? I only have one keypad programmed as Partition 1 Slot 4.

Does anyone have any other ideas about my STAY issue? Thanks again.

Guy

$ snipped-for-privacy@bignews2.bellsouth.net...

Reply to
Guy

The TLM option is in section 015, option 7, not 016.

No, sorry, it won't work with your cell phone.

Why in the world would you not want a periodic test?

O...K.

Where did you connect the hardwired smoke detector?

You need to let the exit delay expire, then open a door. The bypass indicator is supposed to come on if you arm in the stay mode, and have interior zones on your system.

Reply to
alarman

Thanks,

1. You're right, I made a typo, it is [015] and that was where I removed bit
7, I never touched [016].
  1. I tried programming my cell number and it did call my cell,... and called my cell again,... and again,... I guess the system not only calls the specified number but needs to communicate the information properly.
  2. I figured that the periodic test needed to communicate with the monitoring company. Don't tell anyone but my alarm is not being monitored anymore. Guy

Reply to
Guy

Your secret is safe with me.

Reply to
alarman

ha ha ha ! Guy

"alarman" a écrit dans le message de news: LFu9l.1$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe04.iad...

Reply to
Guy

Ok, well, I reset the 5010 to its factory default and reprogrammed the whole thing from scratch. For some reason, it's doing the same thing.

Surely it can't have anything to do with the fact that I disabled the communications on it. So why won't the STAY mode sound the alarm when any of the instant sensors are triggered. The LCD5501Z display shows that the zone is open. What gives?

Still looking for help, Guy

"alarman" a écrit dans le message de news: LFu9l.1$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe04.iad...

Reply to
Guy

You have to wait until the exit delay expires before the system will become "armed". Before the exit delay expires, no burg sensors will trigger the alarm. How long is your exit delay?

Reply to
Steven Vaughan

Bingo. That's what it was! Thanks for all. Guy

"Steven Vaughan" a écrit dans le message de news: GdE9l.1571$% snipped-for-privacy@nlpi070.nbdc.sbc.com...

Reply to
Guy

I'll bet his insurance company is giving him a discount for having a monitored alarm system ..... though.

Reply to
Guy

You had at least three (3) responses stating that since you posted.

Reply to
A.J.

I see that now. For some reason, until Steven's post at least, I had assumed that the exit delay only applied to my main door, the one that is programmed with a delay. I apologize about that. My exit delay was 60 seconds. Thanks you for your help, and to all others too. Guy

Reply to
Guy

just wait until there is a break in or fire... i don't expect that claim is going to go over well

Reply to
CH®IS

Delayed Fire Zone?

Reply to
Crash Gordon

One wonders.

Reply to
alarman

Is it any wonder?

Reply to
Jim

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.