OT: Can't believe I found this in the Wall Street Journal

Following is a direct quote from the WSJ, one of the most conservative, responsible newspapers in the county.

=====

Republican Platform 2010:

We're going to repeal health care reform. We're going to make sure that a family of four who makes under 88k pays EVERY DIME for their health insurance. We're going to allow insurers to charge women more again. We're going to kick thousands of low income working people off of Medicaid. We're going to do away with the high risk pool for people who want to buy health insurance, but have pre-existing conditions. We're going to bring back the donut hole in Medicare. We're going to bring back pre-existing conditions for children. And we're going to make sure they're here to stay for adults.

You go run on that. Let me know how it works out for you.

You are absolutely right Daniel, the Republicans screwed the pooch on this one by trying to kill the bill instead of working to improve it or, more importantly, fixing it when they had the opportunity to lead. For all the flaws with the bill, the Republicans can't run on repealing the bill. The current health care system is dysfunctional and some sort or reform was needed. If the Republicans want to win, they have to either run on fixing the bill or must put forward a better alternative. If they run on repealing the bill and returning to the health care system that was available before it, they aren't going to do too well.

=====

Regards, Robert L Bass

===================== Bass Home Electronics

4883 Fallcrest Circle Sarasota, Florida 34233 941-870-2310
formatting link
=====================
Reply to
Robert L Bass
Loading thread data ...

Bob you really surprise me with your short attention span.. RTS

Reply to
Rockytsquirrel

Huh?

It's not a matter of whether I agree with the message. Everyone here knows where I stand on the issue. The WSJ is extremely conservative. What amazed me was that they allowed it on their site. No ofense was intended, political or otherwise.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

You can't "fix" a turd

Reply to
mleuck

Oh, please. I'm trying not to say anything rude to you but you leave yourself so wide open... :^)

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Ok . It took me 5 minute to catch back me breath!! this one is pretty good!

Reply to
petem

Glad you appreciated it.

Now come on, Petem. We don't have to be pals but think about it. I never did anything wrong to you. You got "angry" at me when you first came to ASA because you saw others saying I'm a bad guy. With one exception, everyone here wants to be at peace. If I've ever done anything to offend you, I apologize. That's all I'm going to say about it.

Regards, Robert

Reply to
Robert L Bass

That was funny!

I don't know if I've ever seen a situation before, where one has to ponder, unconclusively whether someone was being rude ..... or not.

I guess it's just a case of either " there was such an obvious great potential to be rude ..... like, who could resist?" or "It's the thought that counts".

Funny.

Reply to
Jim

I think it's pretty clear that I've been making a sincere effort not to be rude to Mark, regardless what he says. You've gotten to know my sense of humor well enough over the past (what isa it, 12 years).

Saint Peter could not have resisted an opening like that one.

Thanks, Robert

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Hey Bob, was I rude or bad here???

what made me laugh is the face of Leuck would have made after reading your message, then a few image of Leuck in his bike setup came back to mind.. that was too much.. and almost had problem breathing for some times...

Reply to
petem

Ho, by the way. I dont like Leuck much more them you..

The fact you are dying, doesnt make a change on how I see you and the way you act..

Leuck could have leuckemia (see the pun??) And I would still not like him..

Reply to
petem

I almost understood all of that

Reply to
mleuck

I was going to take you off my Christmas list but hey you like me slightly more than RLB...

Reply to
mleuck

No, not at all.

That wasn't what I meant. I just want to make peace. That's all.

I can't figure out what it is you think I did to you or anyone else to make you feel as you do.

Regards, Robert

Reply to
Robert L Bass

You can't find it..Cause you dont feel like you did anything bad to anyone..

Reply to
Petem

I don't know what Mark's problem is but it's not my problem. I'm trying to be polite to him, not in order to change him but to change me.

Can you kindly explain just what is is you mean by that? I've never done anything bad to you and the few things wrong to others I have ever done I've tried to make right. Those things were years before you even came to this newsgroup.

Regards, Robert

Reply to
Robert L Bass

So enlighten me.

Robert

Reply to
Robert L Bass

You have to ask?

Reply to
mleuck

"mleuck" wrote

I asked him.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Thats way too late for you... Someone that acted like a jerk for years have lost the possibility to really understand what is good...

The only thing you understand is your small little need and your big ego needing forgiveness...

You are a lost cause. too bad, you were too selfish when you were young..

Reply to
petem

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.