DSC PC1616 Date Time Issue

My mother in law's DS PC1616 panel is on the blink after the PGE blackout from the past day. I have watched several videos on Youtube on how to enter the date and time by entering *6 Master Code press 1 * then enter military time, then date. When I enter #6 1234 I hear a beep from the panel, but there is no visual que on the panel for keypad input. So it's not clear whether the installer has changed the master code, or I'm doing something wrong.

There is a yellow symbol on the panel and when I enter *2 it returns a code of 8. So I know this is the trouble code for the date and time not being set. Can someone tell me what I might be doing wrong here, or I am going to have to get a technician to come out an reprogram the panel?

She can arm and disarm the panel and it is not beeping, but the yellow caution symbol needs to be reset.

Reply to
Jack
Loading thread data ...

Correction *6 Master Code press 1 * ....

Correction *6 1234

Reply to
Jack

If it's a long beep she's not using the Master code, the keypad should beep several times and turn a Lock icon or PROGRAM light ON if it is the correct Master Code

It's likely she has an LED or Fixed English keypad that will not show any visual cues during time/date programming, Follow the instructions regardless and see if that doesn't fix the issue

Reply to
mleuck

Hey Jack,

The long beep definitely means it is not the master code. If it arms and di sarms, it is one of 39 codes. The master is in position 40.

If your mom is like 2/3 of the people that have a security system, she prob ably used the full year of when she was born, or of someone else dear to he r, including cats & dogs.

If her system is monitored, her company will need to get into programming. In section 007, is where the master code is stored. It would take a technic ian a whole 10 seconds to view it in its location.

Don't worry about any visuals, just input as directed whenever you get the master code.

And yes, there will be a cost for the technician, a service call. Just beca use he will not be there long, it might have taken him 30 minutes to get th ere. The company he works for pays him also.

If you do not want to bother because of the cost, you could unplug the powe r supply and battery backup in the DSC metal box at midnight, and power it back up at 12:01AM in the morning. That should put you in close proximity t o the time. Once you have looked up what a trouble condition is, on a DSC, it will never prompt you again for the same thing unless the same trouble c ondition occurs again.

Hogan

Reply to
Hogan

The master code is probably the code that your mother in law is using to arm/disarm the system. The code you are using "1234" is the default master code which should always be changed when the system is installed. Try using your mother in laws code to change the time

Doug

Reply to
doug

Thanks for the information.

Reply to
Jack

Thanks for taking the time to respond. I'll try a few more things this weekend before I get a technician involved.

Reply to
Jack

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.