Latest threads in CCTV, Alarms and other Physical Securityshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Somewhat funny stuff
Found this discussion over at alt.electronics. Those Brits are all the rage some times. Kinda enjoyed the read and thought I would share. We have a wireless network at work which appears to have gone...

Ping Mr Bass.
Ping Mr Bass. How are you man? Kind Regards. Micky Leeds U.K.

Motion sensor to signal a PC?
Hello, I want to link a motion sensor in my house to a PC, so that I can write a program to email me if there is activity. Is there such a thing? I understand that some network cameras have similar...

** HELP ** - Physical Security Check Technology
** ASSISTANCE PLEASE ** The Security company at my old apartment complex used a system to "record" whenever the officer completed a check of a certain item (i.e. the pedestrian access gate:...

Video: Ground Loop Isolation
Speaking of Seco-Larm. They have a twisted pair balun with built in ground loop isolation. You use the ground loop one at the camera, and use their regular balun at the other end. Has anybody used...

Seco-Larm
Is Seco-Larm a Honeywell owned company?

AlaemNet 7835 zone wiring
I have a DSC PC1816 system installed at a new construction site that does not yet have a land phone line. Until the phone line is established, I want to use the 7835C AlarmNet Cellular transceiver for...

alarm.com
What is their deal? Are they an actual monitoring center or are they brokering out to others?

Ceiling Motions for really tall rooms
I would like to use 360 motions but the rooms in question are 25ft tall. None of my standard gear goes that high in the spec sheets. Anyone have any suggestions?

Sleazy, disgusting bastards
there anything more disgusting than something like this? I had thought that all the junk-mail fliers we got from headstone companies were disgusting - but this... Then again, we aren't rich...

Re: Jim Rojas "panel unlocking"
Well. I do have to say this. I sent Mr Rojas over 170 boards to unlock for me. Though it took almost 3 months to get them back, I do have to admit that he did what he had promised. Thanks Jim. I will...

Gemini 1632 take over
Customer wants us to take over their system. The installer has apparently either given up or died and her monitoring has run out. We're pretty familiar with Napco as it's all that we install. The area...

Brinks
Your system is not keypad programmable. Do yourself a favor and replace it ASAP. Thank you Jim Rojas > phone line????? I know they won't receive an alarm, but the burglar will!!

WTB: DSC PC1000RK Keypads
I have some customers in Canada that need these keypads new or used. Let me knoe what you have. Thanks Jim Rojas

Vista 20P keypad help Please
Installing the Vista Ademco/Honeywell 20P works with the alpha keypad addressed to (16) I programmed The standard lcd keypad upstairs (1 & 3 at the same time) to 17. Looks like 17 is programmed as a...