Have a question or want to start a discussion? Post it! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- Nortel BPS2000 password reset
July 23, 2005, 2:21 am
rate this thread
I have a Business Policy Swtich 2000 that no one knows the admin
(write) password for. I can login via telnet with a ready only
password to the switch, but when I attempt to change any of the
configuration it tells me that "Access is read-only".
So I was wondering if there was a way to hard reset the password for a
BPS2000 switch? Is there a jumper/dip switches available that can
take care of this for me?
The switch is running 3.1.6.02 software, if that matters.
Re: Nortel BPS2000 password reset
Recover by Factory Defaulting
Connect to the console port of the switch.
Reboot the switch.
When the first line of the diagnostics tests is displayed, press CTRL-C
The system will then display a menu.
Select option "i" (this will factory default the switch!)
Select option "a" (this will run the agent code)
Upon bootup, the switch will be in a factory default configuration.
- » History 1957 dial upgrade [telecom]
- — The site's Newest Thread. Posted in » General Telecommunications Forum
- » Re: [telecom] Ajit Pai proposes new rule that would allow carriers to block r...
- — The site's Last Updated Thread. Posted in » General Telecommunications Forum