Help with some NAT

hmm.... OK, here is my deal I have quite a few computers set at home a few servers, some wireless laptops, the works... I have a linksys wireless router, wired router, and VPN router....yeah yeah I am a nerd... anyways, I am not very "enhanced" in the NAT area of things. What I need is help to configure my router to NAT translate my outside internet IP to one of my servers. Example. My buddy on the other side of town likes to play Unreal, so if i set my server to a static IP of say 192.168.0.2 and set unreal on it I can connect any of my computers on the wireless and wired of course. But I want my outside IP address of whatever my ISP provides me for the

1-2 day release schedule (possible get a static later) to NAT translate to my internal server. I have different options of Transmit / receive RIP versions, entries, hop counts, all kinds of stuff I can set up...

any help..

lets say my outside internet address is 141.56.98.132 I want my friend to be able to enter that number in unreal and it translate from my router and send the information to my local internal server at 192.168.0.2 where the UT server is running, I have plenty of upload and download bandwidth for this, any ideas?

Reply to
Ceresia
Loading thread data ...

formatting link
you need to forward the port that UT uses on the router.. the guide above should give you the details you need.

Flamer.

Reply to
die.spam

a slightly more direct link would be this:

formatting link
don't know what your gateway router is but that guide is pretty standard over most linksys routers. the ip address (192.168.1*) is the ip of the UT server.. you could make that whatever you need to of course.

Flamer.

Reply to
die.spam

RIP is a routing protocol. NAT causes all kinds of problems on home networks when you try to host something. Most ISP's provide you with several public IP's you can figure out how many based on the subnet mask. If you are setup with a strict subnet mask. For example if you had the IP 73.208.211.65 with a subnet mask of 255.255.225.248, that would yield 6 IP addresses. 73.208.211.64 would be the network address and the 73.208.211.72 would be the broadcast address for that network. So the useable IP addresses for that network would 73.208.211.65-71. If that is the case then you can give your router and your server one of those addresses.

Reply to
Hexalon

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.