Fix for Microsoft Outlook Send/Receive Error while using Zone Alarm

This workaround applies to Microsoft Outlook 2003. I have not tested it on any other version of Outlook.

In my case, I found that after I upgraded Zone Alarm to the most recent version it rendered Outlook's Send/Receive useless for certain email accounts. To get around this, I found that iSafe.exe was the problem. While iSafe.exe was running, the Send/Receive error occurred.

To fix this, end the iSafe.exe process. For more on what iSafe.exe is, you can google it. For now, just know that this is the culprit. You can end the process by ending the process in Task Manager. To get there, right-click on your taskbar then choose Task Manager. Click on Process tab then sort by Image Name to make the list manageable. End the iSafe.exe process.

Perform a Send/Receive (no need to restart Outlook) and it should work.

Best of luck & hope this helps someone,

Mike

Reply to
mapaul
Loading thread data ...

problem.

Process

Can't you just disable Mail Safe in ZAP and automatic email scanning in your AV? I disable both, and have never had a problem.

charlie R

Reply to
charlie R

No such luck. I've tried that, but the iSafe.exe continues to load at startup and prevents Outlook from performing a Send/Receive.

Additionally, it is worth noting that this only happens to two email accounts, both POP3 servers. My other two accounts, a POP3 and an IMAP, are unaffected.

Reply to
mapaul

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.