Latest threads in Networking Firewallsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Problem setting up Netscreen PSK based dialup VPN
Folks I'm pretty new to managing Netscreen so please bear with me if this is a dumb question. I am in the process of creating a PSK based dialup VPN. As such I am following the instruction outlined in...

WGR614 / ICQ Video
Hi all, I recently purchased a Netgear WGR614 router to replace my D-Link DI604. The DI604 had no problems when passing through ICQ video and chat the WGR614 seems to be blocking it. What do I need to...

Home Firewall vs Corporate Firewall
Hi, I work for a small firm that connects to the internet via ADSL. We use a Cisco 675 Router that is configured to provide NAT. This Cisco connects directly to a switch and out to our network. We...

Firefox unendless downloading weird URLs
Hi, Since some time, after downloading the by me wanted URL, Firefox seems to try to load URLs like (and other weird ones), and doesn't succeed in that effort. I never asked for that URL, but why is...

Firewall Function in Router
Hello everywhere. I have a few Questions about the Firewall Functions on my Router (Linksys WRT54G). Would they be OnTopic here? Or else, could someone please point me to the right Place? Thanks....

Zone Alarm has blocked 552 intrusions in the last 3 hours!
3 have been high rated. I just changed internet service providers does that have anything to do with it? The IP that is trying to access my computer is 82.165.176.102

Norton Internet Security (Rules Created for this Program)
Hello How do I get rid of that annoying "Norton Internet Security - Rules have been automatically created for this program" box that pops up every 1-2 minutes (sometimes more frequently) in the bottom...

Netgear DG834 - blocking port 80
A friend has recently acquired a Netgear DG834 router. He informs me that the Sygate firewall test shows port 80 is open, even though he has made no configuration changes and the default incoming...

Lets talk about firewalls - what do we as a group think a firewall should be/have?
[...] Yes. Not necessarily. If the firewall is supposed to filter on layers above OSI layer 4 it should, otherwise it shouldn't, so I'd consider this optional rather than required. Only if the...

Configure PIX with VPN using Individual User Authentication
I've a got a pix 515 setup for vpn client access using group authentication. I have a group name and password defined on the pix. Clients are able to connect just find using the same shared group name...

Backing up and restoring Shorewall firewall settings
I'm a Linux newbie and am running Shorewall firewall on Xandros Linux. My question is on backing up and restoring the firewall settings in the event of a computer failure. The particular box I need to...

SonicWall terminology help
The company I work for is looking at installing a SonicWall 2040 Pro secuirty appliance for its load balancing and VPN capabilities. Now I cannot find a solid definition on what they consider towards...

Looking for good and cheapish hardware firewall
OK, I've got the message that software firewalls are mostly snake oil so I want to get a hardware firewall so I can put my software firewall to bed for good. Would I have to disable the firewall in my...

Is XNews a Vector for Malware?
Does anybody know if XNews provides a portal for viruses to sneak past NAV, under XP-Pro? I'm continually getting tiny viruses that disable NAV's automatic LiveUpdate feature, and to clear them out I...

Are these rules OK?
I installed a stateful packet filter for my Windows XP machine, and I also downloaded a sample rule set that has the following rules: - allow all incoming ICMP packets - allow all incoming ARP packets...