problem on LAN or firewall

i am running a small network network of 230 computers. These computers are connected to the D-Link 24 port switches (non-manageable). These switches are not connected one another directly but all are connected to a catalyst 3750 (manageable switch). This catalyst 3750 is directly connected to pixfirewall 515.

Some of computers in the networking are not ping the pixfirewall 515. one computer is directly connected to catalyst 3750 and that system also stops ping to the pixfirewall 515. when the LAN cable is disconnected from the computer means unplugged and replugged then ping starts to the pixfirewall 515.

Now i m using arp -d command on infected system and ping starts. but this is not solution.

Is there anybody who can help me on this problem.

Reply to
Rauflittlemaster
Loading thread data ...

Sounds like someone has duplicated the IP address of the pix. You didn't say if this was a flat network. If this is the case disconnect the pix and ping the address that should give you the mac address of the offending pc. You can then start disconnecting the remote switches until you isolate the pc. You could also just go around and check each system if you can't have the network down that long. Don't forget printers.

Reply to
none

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.