The Road to CCNA

Hi all, My first participation in this group is with an article that I have written few months ago. The article is called "The Road to CCNA". This article gives a self-study road map for CCNA seekers. I hope it helps.

formatting link

Regards,

Mohammed Alani

Reply to
Mohammed Alani
Loading thread data ...

The road to what? CCNA? What is CCNA? Are you talking about the freaking CCNA exam that CISCO uses to rip people off? The exam that has to be taken every 3 years? The exam that does not let you skip questions?

Reply to
eager

????

Reply to
john doe

Bitter, party of one, Bitter party of one your table is ready.

I hear you about the skipping and the every 3 years, but Cisco has made themselves the professionals of Networking and they don't want their certs being dragged through the mud like MCSE's. Not that an MCSE isn't worth anything, but you could walk the streets of SF and bump into an MCSE guy on the corner who's only knowledge of Microsoft is that Bill Gates is a rich SOB. So they set the tests at a challenging so that when you say you have a CCNA or above, they know what it took to get it. It's annoying and very frustrating, but worth it.

Reply to
Synth42

The exam is not setup so you can learn. CCNA is an exam about collecting money. Everybody complains about the time; the exam is setup in such a way so you can fail. The interface is ridiculous ( cannot even minimize windows); the questions are setup in a ridiculous way that you cannot even skip them and/or go back for a review; the content of the exam is even more ridiculous, especially semesters 3 and 4: if you think you learn about Frame relay and ISDN in CCNA, you are a moron. The only thing CCNA is worth of is learning about subnets ( if you are going to use it in real life) - nothing else!

Good luck if you have time and money to waste!

Reply to
eager

Sorry guys for the late reply, I was out of town.

eager, man you are way too charged against the CCNA exam. It seems like you have failed in it before. I will be honest with you. I am a Cisco Certified Academy Instructor. I have given CCNA courses for about a 100 person. Only 3 of them failed in the exam. And they re-took the exam and passed. This is my first time to hear someone talk about CCNA this way. Man its only the first step in the Cisco world. I wonder what would you say about CCNP and CCVP.

Reply to
Mohammed Alani

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.