Have a question or want to start a discussion? Post it! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
August 19, 2008, 3:13 pm
rate this thread
Re: SQL ?
Remember that job descriptions are posted by human resources personell.
They may not be aware of the seperation of technologies.
When I used to look for job listings, I found many database jobs requiring
SQL knowledge in comparison to the demand for PC and server tech jobs. It
seemed like database jobs and networking jobs were both in demand and
offering better pay due. With the surplus of people available for PC and
Windows server positions, there seemed to be a shortage of available people
to work on databases and networking in large corporation environments.
If you want a job as a database administrator, you should probably consider
that the databases will be huge and that you will be in a department in a
large company doing nothing but database work. Actual database platforms
would more likely be DB2 or Oracle than just Microsoft SQL like what you
could run in a lab at home, although Oracle does offer a demo of their
- » CCIE water cooler gossip: CCIE agent musical chair game?
- — Previous thread in » Cisco Certification
- » Multiple Jobs Corp - Corp. Windows Data Access Management - Information Security &...
- — Newest thread in » Cisco Certification
- » CenturyLink's Turnaround Efforts Hit a Snag [telecom]
- — The site's Newest Thread. Posted in » General Telecommunications Forum