ActiveX Data Objects (ADO) connection to a SQL through a firewall

When I setup a connection through the firewall on my WatchGuard I open port 1433 from the DMZ to the LAN and from the LAN to DMZ - IP to IP rule. I've always had this work for me.

As for time-out - I've had a number of problems with Netscreen firewalls where we try and move large files (50GB) across two network ports on the firewall and it always dies part way through. I replaced my Netscreen firewalls with WatchGuard ones and eliminated the problem (after giving the nice Netscreen support people 30 days to diagnose/fix the problem).

Reply to
Leythos
Loading thread data ...

Hi news group

We got a problem with a ADO connection to a SQL server. Since we got a firewall between, connections get sometimes for no reasons terminated.

On the Microsoft KB site I found the following article about it:

formatting link
I guess these are all TCP port, are they? An I need 2 rules

1) Inbound Any -> SQL -> TCP/1433

2) Oubound SQL -> Any -> TCP/1024-65535

Could that be true? ? Anyone aware of any timeout issue on that? In case someone has experiance with that, please give me a feedback. The firewall is a StoneGate, but I guess the same issue can be present with NetScreen or Check Point .

TIA, Oliver

Reply to
Oliver Habegger

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.