ICND 640-811

Due to being an academy student I still have access to the old CCNA exams. I recently took the 640-811 ICND exam and missed it by 40 points. I only had a single simulation question but was looking to see if anyone else has run into this simulation.

PC 1 via console to Router A Router A via serial to Router B Router B to Switch A Switch A to PC 2

The steps I took are listed below to try and get this going correctly.

1. Consoled into Router A and verified the IP of both Serial Interfaces. In this case I was given 192.168.XX.XX \30. Using show cdp ne details I telneted into Router B and verified that both interfaces were in the same subnet.

1. From Router B I was able to unshut the Fast Ethernet interface and verify it was on the same subnet as the switch range.

2. Tested via ping from the PC attached on the switch side that communication was available accross the serial link and to the other LAN located on the Router A side.

I thought I had this one correct but i think it was not since I failed the test and from my detailed score report i passed all sections except the Planning and Design. Questions I had about this simulation is the fact that RIP v1 was being used as the routing protocol and we all know that it does not support VLSM. So if this is the case then should I reconfigure RIP to version 2 or reconfigure the entire network to a single class C network. I understand the fundamentals of how both RIPv1 and v2 operate but I am not sure how " Cisco " would like me to answer this question. If anyone could shed any light I would greatly appreciate it.

Reply to
joel.davila
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.