Station Deathenticated due to inactivity

I have two 350 bridges that occassionally drop their authentication. When I look at the log on the root radio it says "Deauthenticating [location]othermac, reason "Inactivity". After a random time interval, the next line will be Authenticated, and then the next is Associated. My question is how they can drop due to inactivity when I have 5 people using this connection during the day? Is the 'activity' something else other than normal traffic?

If this would be better posted to a different NG, pleas elet me know. Thanks.

Reply to
Dave
Loading thread data ...

Steps:

1. check the transmit power on both bridges and make sure they're set to 100 mW.
  2. check they are on the same channel (1,6 or 11).
  3. check antenna settings only set the primary (right) plug on the bridge, then remove diversity and leave both transmit and receive set to "right", same thing on the other side. This will prevent signal flapping issues.
  4. One more step would be to change the data rates on both bridges to run on 5.5 and 11. These should be set to "yes" and the others should be set to "basic". These settings should optimize the signal from one side to the other. Make sure they are both identical on each side of the network (except the role, i.e. root/non-root) to avoid any issues.

last step..upgrade firmware if needed.

formatting link
/mike

Reply to
miwiley

They were set to 100.

They are both on 1

Both bridges are set to 'Right' for the two options.

Currently all 4 data rate options are set to 'basic'. According to the document you linked to below, this setting would allow the radio to communicate only at 1 and 2 MB correct? I would prefer to keep the upper bandwidth running, or am I misreading the document?

Both radios are running 12.04 which I upgraded to last year. It looks like these radios now support IoS and would run version 12.3(2)JA?

formatting link

Dave

Reply to
Dave

I was looking at the AP firmware in my previous message, not the bridges. The latest firmware for the bridges is 12.05, which has been applied. The connection seems to be more stable as far as it doesn't drop any longer (yet), but it is perceivably much slower. I checked the logs, and I see this:

2005/05/17 07:38:34 Info Station [REMOTE]00409656d31d Reassociated 2005/05/17 07:38:33 Info Station [REMOTE]00409656d31d Authenticated 2005/05/17 07:38:31 Info Station [REMOTE]00409656d31d Reassociated 2005/05/17 07:38:31 Info Station [REMOTE]00409656d31d Authenticated

These alerts are really steady and occur roughly every 3 seconds. I am guessing that the radios are checking in on a specific interval, is there a way to turn this interval down?

formatting link
>

Reply to
Dave

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.