CCNP curriculum

Hi there.

My CCNA is about to expire, so I thought I'd try for an CCNP. When I did my CCNA, I did it with my college and got some lovely web-based curriculum resources (at cisco.netacad.net IIRC). I'd like to get this to help with my CCNP, but I'm not at an academy - and I've got about 2 weeks before my CCNA runs out. Can I buy it from cisco without being an academy? Failing that, I have the self-study books anyway to work from.

Reply to
randomdude
Loading thread data ...

If you have a valid CCNA you can sign up for a CCO account. From there on you can access resources on the Cisco Learning Connection (Free Pilot program (till January 1, 2006).

If you have two weeks untill your CCNA expires I suggest that you register for the CCNA exam. It is highly unlikely thay you'll pass either BSCI, BCMSN, BCRAN and CIT or Composite, BCRAN and CIT within the following two weeks.

I think that, if you are seriously about getting your CCNP self-studying is the best option.

HTH

Le> Hi there.

Reply to
Leon van Dongen

You need to pass one single professional level (642-xxx) exam to renew your CCNA, or pass the CCNA exam again (640-801).

See

formatting link
One way or another, you up for the cost of an exam.

If you believe you know enough in one area to pass one of the CCNP exams, do that. If not, restudy and do the CCNA again. Failing the CCNP exam will cost you the same amount of money, and you'll still have to fork out for the CCNA exam again.

Re-certing a CCNA isn't too important - Even if it expires, you are only one exam away from qualifying for it again. It becomes an issue when your CCNP or CCDP is about to expire - where passing the CCIE exam will save you, but failing means sitting another 5 exams.

Reply to
yamahasw40

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.