New RCA cable modem - Fast connection / Slow Page loads

Empty the Temporary Internet Files. And if you're using Windows XP, right-click on the connection icon, and choose Repair. Also, if you're using a router, reset it.

Reply to
Warren
Loading thread data ...

I just got a new RCA cable modem DCM425 from my ISP. My connection is really fast when I do a speed test but when I open Internet Explorer most pages load slow and some never finish loading. I've tried this on 3 computers that were previously connected fine to the internet and they all do the same thing so I know it's not software. The other problem is when I try to connect to my VPN at work it never connects. I've tried this on all three computers also. It did however connect once out of like 50 times.

Do you think I have a bad modem?

Reply to
Barney File

I've done all that. When I empty the temporary files the pages load even slower because there's no cache. I'm going to try a Linksys modem tonight to see if it changes things.

Reply to
Barney File

Reply to
Barney File

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.