Have a question or want to start a discussion? Post it! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
January 30, 2006, 5:32 am
rate this thread
I'm trying to connect a router to my existing Comcast High Speed
connection. Here's my situation:
-I can connect both my laptop and desktop to the internet when directly
connected to the cable modem (ie only one computer at a time).
-When I connect the cable modem to the router, and the other computers
to the router, it shows a connection, however no internet.
Am I missing something here? I disabled all firewalls, etc. Does this
have to do with Comcast, Linksys, both, neither? Any help would be
Re: Can't get internet using Comcast cable modem and Lynksys WRT54G router
You need to power-cycle the modem.
Disconnect the power from everything. Power-up the modem, and let it sync-up
before doing anything else. Then power-up the router. Then power-up the
devices attached to the router.
Disclaimer: My views reflect those of myself, and not my
employer, my friends, nor (as she often tells me) my wife.
Any resemblance to the views of anybody living or dead is
coincidental. No animals were hurt in the writing of this
response -- unless you count my dog who desperately wants
to go outside now.
Compare and buy TaxCut and TurboTax Software:
- » Problems interconecting modem Dlink DCM-200 and Linksys router
- — Previous thread in » Cable Modems
- » Long time no see.
- — The site's Newest Thread. Posted in » CCTV, Alarms and other Physical Security
- » OH: Verizon Wireless customers can now resume calling Crawford County 911 [telecom...
- — The site's Last Updated Thread. Posted in » General Telecommunications Forum