DSL security

Installing a wireless SBC DSL network for two computers in different parts of the house. Currently run Zone Alarm, AVG, SpyBOT, Adware, Windows Firewall on the dialups. Will adding Zone Alarm be enough to make me "invisible" and "safe"?

~k

Reply to
Kmee
Loading thread data ...

Thank you for the good suggestions.

Reply to
Kmee

| Installing a wireless SBC DSL network for two computers in different parts | of the house. Currently run Zone Alarm, AVG, SpyBOT, Adware, Windows | Firewall on the dialups. Will adding Zone Alarm be enough to make me | "invisible" and "safe"? | | ~k |

If you don't secure the wireless network all the software won't protect yuou against "war Driving" !

I also suggest specifically blocking both TCP and UDP ports 135 ~ 139 and 445 on your Router.

Reply to
David H. Lipman

The 2wire modem/routers supplied by SBC permit up to 128-bit incryption. The default is 48 or 64. See the 2Wire website for details or just browse the settings in your modem.

Reply to
Kay Archer

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.