bandwidth usage comparision between rdc and gotomypc and vnc

hi i am trying to manipulate some data located in us servers from my office in india. currently i download the data to india and then do the changes and upload it back to the usa server i am thinking of using either gotomypc or vnc or timbuktu or rdc to directly log on to the usa server and do the changes there itself so that i do not have to move the data from usa to india and back there which of these softwares will have lowest bandwidth consumption i will need to be logged in for about 48 hrs every week in the usa server from india to make the data changes tia vidyesh

Reply to
vidyeshk
Loading thread data ...

There's no way to avoid downloading the data in some form if you're going to manipulate something in one location and upload it to a resource in another. The bandwidth required for the actual data shouldn't vary much -- only by the difference in the "overhead" of the transport mechanism. FTP is the easiest and fastest way to do it.

The main reason people use GotoMyPC and the like is because it easily gets around firewall restrictions that often block FTP clients, etc.

Reply to
Cyrus Afzali

not really i mean if i can use remote desktop on my pc which is running win 2k to log in to the us server which is also running win 2k and do the data changes on the server itself will it not be much faster than downloading all the data to my pc in india , doing the changes and then uploading it back. tks and rgds vidyesh

Reply to
vidyeshk

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.