Latest threads in Wireless Networkingshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Newbie to wifi hotspots, could use some advice
I recently established a wireless network set up in my home, with a cable modem, several PCs, and my laptop which connects up with PCMCIA USB, and an adapter, so I have a small, limited amount of...

setting up wireless at a new home...
I recently moved. I have a Linksys wireless router and previously I had used SES to set up a WPA network. since I moved, I can't figure out how to set it up so it's secure again...and I haven't found...

Frequent disconnects from router issue
Hi all...looking for some advice. I just switched my network from WEP to WPA-PSK TKIP, I am frequently getting disconnected from my network. I sometimes have difficulty connecting when I boot also,...

Long distance wireless network setup question
Hi all, I am new to the wireless world. I am trying to share out a high speed connection with my neighbor that lives next to me. From my house to his is only 850ft. However there is a buffer of trees...

problems in connecting to Limewire
I used to connet to Limewire just fine (don't worry I'd only use it for programs that I'd missed that has been on TV). Now that I've moved onto a wireless network the connection is terrible, no files...

PCMCIA card--Able to attach antenna?
Hello all, I have a Motorola WN825G PCMCIA card for my laptop, and I'm wondering how to attach an antenna to it. A picture of the card can be found here: a higher resolution image is required, I can...

Free Push Email and IM for your mobile phone!
Free Software that allows your mobile phone to: Receive Push email (POP3/IMAP4) Instant Messaging (Yahoo, MSN and Google) Receive latest personalise news through Push RSS and many more..... including...

My wifi settings: I need signal improvement
Hi, I'm glad to find this forum. New here, not new to wireless but confused about the settings in my router. :confused: It's an oldy: Linksys BEFW11S4, but I got for free as a hand me down. Can't...

Duke University blames iPhone for network disruptions
Duke University blames iPhone for network disruptions By Associated Press, 7/19/2007 RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) - Apple Inc.'s flashy new iPhones may be jamming parts of the wireless network at Duke...

eliminare menu rapido su display N70
come da titolo vorrei sapere come fare,grazie ------------------------------------------------------------------------ View this thread: 'High-Def Digest is your ultimate source for everything 4K,...

Senao NL2511CD 200mw
For sale.. New/hardly used. Nothing wrong with it.. I just never use it. $50, plus shipping depending on where you live... $5? [image:...

Want to access my connection from about 2-3 blocks away
x-no-archive: I have the Internet at home, but there is a restaurant less than three blocks away that I would like to access. My home is higher than the resteraunt so I hope that helps. Any suggestion...

best antenna to go through walls?
i am trying to extend my wireless network's range so I can work by the pool in my building ;) Currently I have a WRT54G (running tomato) with the standard antennas and I've been looking for...

NEWS: Google ponies up $4.6bn for wireless spectrum
If the FCC obeys its demands Google's riches are exceeded only by its cheek. When the Federal Communications Commission auctions off the coveted 700-MHz wireless spectrum, the search giant has said it...

NEWS: Google sees big money in tiny cell sites (femtocells)
Search giant Google has joined investors pouring $25m into femtocell technology company Ubiquisys, endorsing the technology that aims to put tiny little 3G cell sites into every home. Last week,...