Latest threads in Wireless Networkingshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Linksys IP PBX SPA 9000 Is Now Available
Linksys IP PBX SPA 9000 Is Now Available Router - finally an easy to use, easy to install PBX for under $400. With InPhonex VoIP service you can get that new phone system and save money on your...

Note to Jeff: befw11s4 hangs cured by cryogenics
Repost: corrected unintended long lines. ================= In a previous thread, I mentioned that my befw11s4-based outdoor access point was experiencing the well-known hangs during high throughput...

Note to Jeff: befw11s4 hangs cured by cryogenics
In a previous thread, I mentioned that my befw11s4-based outdoor access point was experiencing the well-known hangs during high throughput and that I had used an SNMP power controller driven by...

WRT54G2 - any insight into when 3rd party firmware with client mode will be available for it?
For the Linksys WRT54G2, does anyone have any insight into when third party firmware with client mode support will be available for it?

Linksys wireless card only works in 1 of 2 slots
I'm running the Linksys Wireless-G Notebook Adapter, Wireless Network Monitor v3.1, for the Linksys WPC54G card. The host system is Dell Inspiron 8000, Windows 2000 Pro, S/P 4. It has two card slots...

Linksys wireless card: "Monitor" app retains just 1 profile
I'm running the Linksys Wireless-G Notebook Adapter, Wireless Network Monitor v3.1, for the Linksys WPC54G card. When I try to create a new profile, it always erases the single existing profile....

Walking Hot Spot
Turn your Windoze Mobile 6 or Symbian S60 based cell phone into a Wi-Fi hot spot using it's wireless broadband connection for a backhaul.

Problems Connecting my new DELL Laptop to my Wireless Network
Hello, I recently purchased a new DELL laptop, and I am having problems connecting it to my wireless network. I was wondering if someone had a similar issue and can provide me with some guidance. My...

Can I and why would I have a DIFFERENT SSID for my 2nd WAP
Hi- Have a simple netgear wgr614 v5 wireless router as well as a Motorola WA840G WAP. Since the netgear can't do WDS, I'm running a wireline extension out to the Moto. Could somebody please confirm...

How would you go about testing Wireless Security?
I was thinking of, not becoming a Cracker exactly, but of testing WiFi durability with a laptop I have. I can reinvent the wheel but I'd hope some pointers might get me to thinking about something as...

Router
Is there any router than can handle Virgin Media 20meg service

wireless router to wireless router - can any consumer routers do this?
I have two home offices, and it would be nice to have a wireless router in each office that has 4 ports that I can plug wired ethernet connections into (or wired routers). One of the two offices has...

Wireless internets and cell phones should switch from spread spectrum to QAM
Hi: QAM [Quadrature Amplitude Modulation] is superior to spread-spectrum because the former can sends more bits using less bandwidth than the later. QAM is is meant to send/receive large amounts of...

Cell Phones and Wireless Internets should switch from Spread-Spectrum to QAM
Hi: QAM [Quadrature Amplitude Modulation] is superior to spread-spectrum because the former can sends more bits using less bandwidth than the later. QAM is is meant to send/receive large amounts of...

Updated Kismet CSV SQL script?
Kismet comes with a script, kismetcsv.sql, but this doesn't seem to work on newer versions of MySQL. Does anyone have an updated version that would work with, say, mysql-5.0.51a? I put together a...