Latest threads in Wireless Networkingshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

mib for ubiquiti
I desire to monitor ubiquiti nanostation via cacti or nagios, can anyone help me to find the right mib for this devices? thanks in advance

Wifi closes in Aurora, IL
fyi - http://www.aurora-il.org/it/wireless/

Wifi closes in Naperville, IL
since there were a few others of MetroFi -

FS: YDI Terabeam Model A2.45LP14 2.4 GHz Vertically Polarized Sector Antenna for WIPOP, two available
For Sale: YDI Terabeam Model A2.45LP14 2.4 GHz Vertically Polarized Sector Antenna for WIPOP, two available The Model A2.45LP14 is a 2.4 GHz vertically polarized sector antenna designed primarily for...

NEWS: Free Wi-Fi still a goer in San Fran'
While municipal Wi-Fi systems are being switched off from Philadelphia to Cupertino, San Francisco is planning to have the whole city connected wirelessly by the end of the year. Haight-Ashbury and...

NEWS: Cities have to bid bye-bye to free Wi-Fi
The free municipal Wi-Fi dream appears to be coming to an end for a handful of Bay Area cities. MetroFi, a Mountain View wireless provider that had built its business largely from...

NEWS: SF's BART in Talks for Full Wi-Fi Rollout
The San Francisco Bay Area Rapid Transit District, is negotiating with a startup for a Wi-Fi network that would provide fast Internet access to riders throughout its 104-mile (167 kilometers) regional...

NEWS: New Orleans Will Shutter its Muni Wi-Fi
New Orleans has lost its municipal wi-fi system as its primary provider, Earthlink, decided to exit the sector altogether. The city government chose not to take over the system, which ceased...

NEWS: California City Will Take Over Abandoned Muni Wi-Fi System
The city council of Milpitas, California has unanimously approved a city takeover of the municipal wi-fi system installed a year ago by Earthlink. The company is abandoning the Milpitas infrastructure...

NEWS: Scottsdale Loses Its Municipal Wi-Fi Network
The provision of citywide wireless Internet service in Scottsdale, Arizona has come to an abrupt end a mere two years after launch. Wildfire Broadband, the primary Internet service provider (ISP), has...

Does a stand-alone Skype phone exist with a web browser & bluetooth?
Does a stand-alone Skype phone exist that has... - a web-authentication browser (required) - a decent speakerphone (desired) - bluetooth capability (optional) I tried the Linksys CIT 200 but it wasn't...

ATT Wireless
T Mobile Wireless Service Get a Free Cell phone with a plan from mulitple cell phone carriers. Free Express Shipping. Visit Today. for T Wireless Items? Find exactly what you want today. We're...

Networking wireless not shared
Two simplest ways: stop your Internet connection when you are sharing files. If that isn't practical, I'd suggest passwording access to the folders/drives you want to share.

netstumbler symbols
I'm confused about the symbols in Netstumbler and I've found it diffiicult to clarify what all the different symbols mean. Is there a clear definitive list anywhere that shows all the symbols explains...

Wifi interlaces cookies
I think it is an issue of two machines having the same IP either by mistake or because the router is too cheap. But I have found myself using my laptop on some networks and getting, for example, a...