Wireless Print Server Help

I have been exhaustively searching for a wireless print server that will work with my home network...Unfortunately (if that is the correct word), I am using WPA-PSK AES and apparently, there aren't any wireless print servers out there that support AES encryption, that I can find anyway.

I did find a print server made by Axis that supposedly supports AES, but I am finding it difficult to justify spending $150 for a single-port print server. I just find it difficult to believe that the mainstream manufacturers like Linksys, Belkin, D-Link, Netgear, etc...do not have print servers that utilize the maximum encryption that their own routers offer. Am I missing something?

Many thanks!

Reply to
Anonymous
Loading thread data ...

with my home network...Unfortunately (if that is the correct word), I am using WPA-PSK AES and

encryption, that I can find anyway.

finding it difficult to justify spending $150 for a single-port print server. I just find it

D-Link, Netgear, etc...do not have print servers that utilize the maximum encryption that their own

Does seem strange, doesn't it.

It is also strangly difficult to shop for any wireless devices with AES requirement. Even if they support AES, it is difficult to determine that the support is there.

Reply to
Jerry Park

with my home network...Unfortunately (if that is the correct word), I am using WPA-PSK AES and

finding it difficult to justify spending $150 for a single-port print server. I just find it

D-Link, Netgear, etc...do not have print servers that utilize the maximum encryption that their own

I wouldn't be too surprised because WPA2 is hardly working smoothly where it HAS been implemented. They can't even get it working with products that have been around for ages, let alone with new products.

Reply to
speeder

Did you look at "

formatting link
" This is the only model I've found with WPA. Motorola advertises it, but they don't really have it on their WPS870G.

"

formatting link
"

Reply to
SMS

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.