Wireless adapter stopped working! Please help :(

My Acer Aspire 3000's built-in Broadcom BCM4318 adapter stopped suddenly working.

I have tried re-installing drivers and used Broadcom's utility with no luck. It is not IP or firewall configuration related i promise.

The main problem, although wi-fi adapter seems to working in ''network connections'' and ''device manager'' , the WI-FI LED of notebook is no longer lits up!

Before this problem it was litting up normally and after XP Home SP2 opens, the lits become steady as it is connected.

Now, there is no Wi-fi light litting onto my notebook?

Hardware failure?

Thank you very much...

Reply to
kimiraikkonen
Loading thread data ...

Update, i got it working by pressing down wi-fi button as it turns wi- fi functioning.. What a secret button located by Acer!

Reply to
kimiraikkonen

Good, now you know where the switch is. You should note that when operating on battery power and not using WI-FI you should disable the wireless function to conserve battery power .

Reply to
Curly Bill

On 13 Feb 2007 14:45:25 -0800, "kimiraikkonen" wrote in :

Did you accidentally turn it off? Many laptops have a hotkey combination or button to turn wireless on and off.

Reply to
John Navas

On Tue, 13 Feb 2007 21:00:05 -0800, "Curly Bill" wrote in :

The difference will be small for most good wireless hardware, which only use a small amount of power to listen for other wireless. It's transmit that burns most of the power, and that won't happen unless you actually make a wireless connection.

Reply to
John Navas

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.