WiMAX setup

We are also interested in knowing.

We are looking at deploying WiFi in our office complex and we were wondering if we should go to WiMax.

Reply to
Shampoo Store
Loading thread data ...

Reply to
scout

Dude, it's just plain rude to go to a public newsgroup and request free private help. If someone takes the time to answer why shouldn't it help more than one person? It's kinda what newsgroups are all about.

Reply to
Rôgêr

Has anyone had any experience setting up WiMAX equipment, and whats your opinion on this Hardware/Technology? is this the way to go for a wide wireless network?

Please email me rather than posting a reply

callcory AT shaw DOT ca

Thanks for your time

Reply to
get bent

Not finalized yet, any q's about wimax are answered here:

formatting link

Reply to
Peter Pan

wtf are you talking about? if you have some info about this then leave it, otherwise if i wanted to hear bitching i would have gone over to my girlfriends place!

now who can tell me about WiMAX?

thanks.

Reply to
ruez46

"ruez46" wrote in news:GJyVd.560448$8l.514745@pd7tw1no:

I dont think the "standard" is finished yet. I know a lot of companies have released what is supposed to be WiMax compatible hardware, but if the standards aren't released yet, you might be replacing that hardware with stuff that actually IS WiMax compatible

Reply to
Smowk

Not yet, but 5.6Ghz is about to get locally innundated with a WiMax system with 2300 clients. See press release at:

formatting link
much of the system is already installed. There are several

120ft monopoles with panels on top that are apparently the access points.

I'll also email you my consulting rate card. Private replies are deemed consulting and are billable. I don't mind doing your homework as long as everyone learns from the answers and discussion. However, if you're the only one that benifits, it's billable consulting time.

At the tone, the time will be 10:48AM....beep.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Reply to
ruez46

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.