wifi and print server

I have 3 PCs connected to a wired router with print server to share internet and printer. I have to move one of them to another room. I bought a wifi router, config is as AP, use USB adaptor at the moved PC as client. Both wifi and internet connection work. All PCs are at same subnet with IP

192.168.1.x. They can share files among them too. Both the one use wifi connection cannot print via the print server. Any idea why?
Reply to
senderj
Loading thread data ...

Check the port settings in the printer settings on each PC, including the IP address (usually 192.168.0.x), Protocol (usually LPR), and the queue name (varies by print server, i.e. mine on a 3 port print server are PS-5C6FDC-U1, PS-5C6FDC-U2, PS-5C6FDC-P3), and check that SNMP is enabled.

When you add a printer, it should be configured as a local printer, with the port being a Standard TCP/IP port.

You haven't just put in a "wireless cable" between the PC and the Access Point, you've added a whole new wireless network.

I prefer using wireless print servers rather than a combination router/print server, as it's less configuration hassle, and of course because you don't have to have the printer close the router/print server.

Reply to
SMS 斯蒂文?

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.