WG511 v3 WG511DCB.arm missing Win2k

Hi,

I installed the "made in china" v3 WG511 card under Win2k and it works fine. I want to use it under Linux on the same machine (Sony notebook). I have built the 2.4.28 kernel with associated Prism54 drivers and have updated the pcmcia and hotplug packages. I have located and downloaded the isl3890 firmware file.

Doesn't work under Linux. (the "well-known" reset errors on driver load).

1005=>cat /tmp/WG Hi,

I installed the "made in china" v3 WG511 card under Win2k and it works fine. I want to use it under Linux on the same machine (Sony notebook). I have built the 2.4.28 kernel with associated Prism54 drivers and have updated the pcmcia and hotplug packages. I have located and downloaded the isl3890 firmware file.

Doesn't work under Linux. (the "well-known" reset errors on driver load).

I have scoured the web already and found that the reset errors are due to the v3 "made in china" problem of having / not having a soft mac.

Suggestions are to use the WG511DCB.arm file from the windowssystem32drivers directory in places of the isl3890 file.

Except that my Win2k installation doesn't have that file.

I have tried, in a vmware session on a different machine, installing the driver software under XP (since people had reported the arm file being there under XP) but again, no WG511DCB.arm file.

I've looked on the web and netgear's site to see if this file is extant.

Can't see it anywhere.

Can anyone help?

Kind regards

Derek Jones.

Reply to
Derek Jones
Loading thread data ...

It won't work with prism54 as the internal chip is different from previous versions. You have to use ndiswrapper. It works like a charm with it.

Reply to
arturo-g

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.