Strange Broadcast

I'm definately not a believer in conspiracy theories but...I moved to Newport RI last fall. My first night in a hotel the room's radio/alarm clock, the radio being off, made a strange interference like sound with a definate rythm and the underlying tone an almost 60Hz sounding buzz. The rythm was a sort of a bop ba de bop ba de bop ba de bop. It happened on a regular though unfrequent basis and was loud enough that I unplugged the radio so as to not have to hear it during the night. I figured it was a compressor or other piece of equipment in the building starting up. Later I heard it on the television. Now I hear it irregularly on my television that is a block or so away from the hotel I first heard it at. What makes it really strange is I heard it on my iPod while traveling on a bus from Boston to Newport probably about half way between the two. That's about forty miles in either direction so definately not a piece of big equipment in Newport. What gives. Is the NSA scanning everything electronic by satelite or microwave? There's a lot of military around here are they scanning something? Martians implanting sabatoge code in our heads? Any thoughts?

Reply to
babalooixnay
Loading thread data ...

You are correct - the are Martians implanting sabotage code in our heads. I have proof!! Start wearing a tin foil hat ... it blocks the Martian rays.

Reply to
riggor99999

Great Scenario for a Hollywood Movie. Really I enjoyed reading all that.

Thanks

-aljuhani

Reply to
aljuhani

Hadn't thought of the cellphone. I usually have at least one if not two nearby. Doesn't seem to presage a ring but I guess they must do some sort of regular polling. Strange that I've never noticed it outside of New England.

Reply to
babalooixnay

My radio on my desk at work will make a sound like that if my cell phone is on the desk and about to ring (though only when the radio's on). Normally the phone's in my laptop bag about 8' from the radio and that doesn't happen. If the phone's on the desk it's less than half that distance.

Could be - but I'd suspect it's more likely that the fellow in the next room left his phone right next to _his_ radio, probably about 6" from yours.

Reply to
Derek Broughton

You don't have one of those ULF submarine communication arrays around there, do you?

Reply to
William P.N. Smith

AM?

It happened on a regular though unfrequent basis and was loud

Lower VHF?

Nah. No black helicopters involved.

Could be the Greys, but thinking more along the lines of:

Any patterns with this RFI (EMI) and the weather?

Is it more active when it is dry than when it raining?

Sounds like a transformer somewhere needs a good smack with a 4x4. Perhaps you could try using a handheld radio (using AM) to locate the source and if it is power related, get the power co to come out to take care of it.

Its common.

-Eric

Reply to
Eric

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com hath wroth:

I don't believe any conspiracy theories other than the one's I write.

Could be radar. When the navy floats into Montery Bay, we get all kinds of strange noises coming out of the electronics. They're suppose to turn off the radar when in harbor, but they never do.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Funny you should ask, the Naval Undersea Warfare Center is in Newport and Raytheon is just up the road.

Reply to
babalooixnay

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.