share 2 networks

Why don't you just take your laptop over there and find out? If it works, then, yes, you just need to put a card in his machine. If it doesn't then you'll have to give us a whole lot more information.

Reply to
Derek Broughton
Loading thread data ...

I have a wireless access point, 4 pc on a network all wired just the laptop uses the AP.

My M8 50m away has a network wired, we wish to play LAN games and share a couple of files.

Do we just need to stick a wireless pci card in one of his machines?If so can you point me to some online info or say how to go about it.

Cheers Chris

Reply to
usenet.plus.net

It certainly can, though I run linux, so can't help you on setup.

Reply to
Derek Broughton

: > My M8 50m away has a network wired, we wish to play LAN games and : > share a couple of files. : >

: > Do we just need to stick a wireless pci card in one of his machines?If so : > can you point me to some online info or say how to go about it. : : Why don't you just take your laptop over there and find out? If it works, : then, yes, you just need to put a card in his machine. If it doesn't then : you'll have to give us a whole lot more information. : -- : derek

Yeah there's not a problem with signal that is ok. It's can a PC have 2 network cards 1 wired and the one we wish to add wireless,would we need any add software ect.The machine we wish to add the card to is running 2kpro.

Cheers Chris

Reply to
usenet.plus.net

Just buy a PCI or USB donglw WiFi-g adaptor off eBay, dirt cheap (make sure it's WPA encryption-capable) . Plug it in to the PC and off you go. My laptop has wired and wireless adaptors that I use simultaneously.

Reply to
__spc__

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.