Search WEP Encription (Rectified)

i think that my question isn't not explain to my dude

in my home i detected a wireless net, and i don't have internet my home, exist any program that can search this WEP encription, i don't know, send diferent key encription since to connect or something

i have windows xp SP2 and a Laptop VAIO PCG-K33F

i think the access point is 2WIRE, i don't have physical access to this AP

thanks

Reply to
spaker
Loading thread data ...

The fact that you want to break into an encrypted network would seem to indicate that you're up to no good. The network is encrypted for a reason...that reason being to keep unauthorized persons from connecting to it.

Internet access is dirt cheap nowadays (even if it's only dialup). I would suggest that you fork over a few dollars and stay legal. The alternative would be to ask your neighbors to try to find out who has the internet access. Then you could offer them a few dollars and ask their permission to join the network and still be legal. Or does that sound too hard?

My network is encrypted because I don't like freeloaders on my nickel and browsing the contents of my computer. I bet your neighbors feel the same way but just ask them. You might be surprised.

Reply to
Fitz

Sounds like you want to connect to this unknown lan which belongs to someone else. I assume you realise that especially given that its encrypted this is illegal.

Plenty of programmes exist to break WEP. A websearch may turn them up, but its not likely anyone here will help you much, since you seem to be trying to break into someone else's network?

Reply to
Mark McIntyre

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.