Reduce WiFi Power?

Hi Group

I recently installed a Linksys WRT54G V1.1 Firmware Version : v4.20.8 which works flawlessly except for the issue below. My old Netgear MR314 was hopeless for WiFi but had no effect on mobile calls.

Anyway, since installation I find it sometimes drops my Mobile calls (H3G Network) and interferes with the calls. Although I can hear the other party fine they say my voice level reduces and sometimes is inaudible. This affects the other parties regardless of location (for cell calls) and same when receiving landline calls from me on my mobile. Nothing around me that I can detect has changed except this router.

I use channel 6 as nearby routers use both 1 and 11. Could it be the power output as I'm only 1 metre away from the router and if so is there a firmware that would allow me to reduce the power output? or would changing channels help?

I'm at a loss any ideas?

TIA

Reply to
Mr User
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.