recommeded PCMCIA wireless card for rfmon

I've heard the Cisco Aironet line and Prism2-based cards support rfmon. Are there specific models or other brands that might be better than others? I'm looking to use Kisment and other similar utilities for wireless monitoring and diagnostics on a/b/g networks.

Your recommendations are appreciated. Thanks!!!

Reply to
Spam Decoy
Loading thread data ...

Go with an Orinoco gold card. Make sure you get a real Orinoco gold card not a relabled card that claims to be a Orinoco (The relabeled cards are all over ebay). At least the one I got was junk and wouldn't go into monitor mode, and had terrible range.

Reply to
mikep187

I switched from a card "linksys 54GS " to the 54G USB cable setup. More

than double the signal strength with a bit of directional control.

Almost the same weight as the card. $59

Reply to
Cisco kid

Oops, actually, you're right, I did type that wrong -- and then was pompous about it :)

Mb vs MB

Reply to
Tom Scales

Is the Orinoco Gold just an 802.11b card?

Reply to
David Boyer

Great idea... but my old subnotebook is USB1, not USB2, so throughput speed would really suffer.

Reply to
no.one

Maybe, maybe not. USB 1.1 happens to parallel the throughput of 802.11b, but that still exceeds most people's connection to the internet.

Reply to
dold

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.