PCMCIA wireless network card with external antenna ?

formatting link

Reply to
WRC
Loading thread data ...

Hi, I am looking for a PCMCIA wireless network card (802.11G) for a laptop, with an external antenna connector . Which models provide this option?

The purpose is to extend range when using my laptop in my car. I don't want to use an external bridge or router (I need portability).

I'didn't find any model on D-Link, SMC or Linksys web sites, bot some people told me they have seen this... but don't remember where!

thanks.

------------------------ Daniel Montréal (Pierrefonds), Québec, Canada

Reply to
ve2bap

Buffalo Technology WLICBG54A External 2.4GHz antenna ready; supports Type II or Type III slot

--------------------------------------------- elmer

formatting link

Reply to
binarywolf

Buffalo Technology WLICBG54A external 2.4GHz antenna ready supports Type II or Type III slot

----- elmer

formatting link

Reply to
elmer

Senao makes a good card. (NL-2511CD PLUS EXT2) Also sold as engenius at places

formatting link
Can find them on ebay as well for a good price.

Reply to
DF

Depending on what you are trying to do you may be better with a directional antenna (yagi or even small panel) instead on the omni in the kit your looking at. Omni's are good for wardriving I think but if you are just looking to access a hotspot from the car a directional may get you better signal. I think you could put togeather something for the same price as that kit. Again check out ebay, do a search for Senao and you will see plenty of stuff. Also some Orinoco cards have an external jack. I have an Orinoco Silver that works great.

Reply to
DF

Many thanks for your replies. I found this interesting product:

formatting link

Reply to
ve2bap

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.