Q: Cisco AP 1131 -- "Unsupported device type" error in Cisco Network Assistant

Hi all,

I'm hoping someone can tell me why this is happening...

I recently configured a 1131 AP from Lightweight to Autonomous Mode (flashed another IOS). AP works fine in every way, except one...

When trying to access it via/make it a member of a community, the following error message appears:

"Unsupported device type: AIR-LAP1131AG-K-E9 Cannot add device to community"

Community has other similar devices that also work fine but do not give this error -- the only two differences being that the other AP's were shipped as Autonomous Mode AP's, and the one giving the problem was converted from LW to AM. Also, the other AP's are advertising as "AIR-AP1131AG" instead of "AIR-LAP1131AG-K-E9".

Could either (or both) cause the problem?

If device is still advertising itself as a LM model (apparently not manageable with Cisco Network Assistant), is there a variable, string or register that can be changed, or I should just pick another IOS version?

Any help would ge greatly appreciated! Thanks!

M.T.

PS: Email is a decoy -- please reply within thread.

Reply to
x13
Loading thread data ...

M.T.,

I didn't catch which IOS version you're running ... it used to be that AIR-LAP model APs that were running aIOS reported a bogus OID value, which kept them from being manageable by WLSE - this was fixed via CSCsc68458 in 12.3(7)JA4 12.3(8)JA.

I'm a little fuzzy on the details of the fix ... if you're running IOS with the CSCsc68458 fix yet are still seeing this problem in Cisco Network Assistant, then your next step would be to teach CNA about this model. Maybe it has a table that you can edit.

Aaron

Reply to
Aaron Leonard

Thanks for your help Aaron.

I'll compile a list of IOS versions (show version, show diag) this week.

M.T.

PS: Email is a decoy -- please reply with> M.T.,

Reply to
x13

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.