Problems with LinkSys WGA11B

A few days ago I bought a WGA11B wireless 11B network adapter for my XBox. Got it running just fine (I was able to connect via FTP, play videos off of another PC and so on) Set up included WEP 64 bit encryption and MAC filtering. It's connecting via a LinkSys BEWF11S4 wireless router.

This morning I turn on the XBox, and I notice I'm no longer connected to my wireless router.

I've gone and reset the router (a few times) and the WGA11B, but it still refuses to connect. I've even gone as far as disabling any and all security, just as a test, but it will not connected. I know it's not the router though, as other WiFi devices (two laptops and a PDA) can connect to it just fine. I've also tried the WGA11B on a few different computers, just to make sure the XBox wasn't the problem. (It's not.) I've also triple checked the security settings on the WGA11B, everything's a match (SSID, WEP key and so on)

Any thoughts on this? It's only a few days old, but I'm ready to throw the thing out the window (or return it if I can find the receipt..) I'm at a loss of what else to try but if anyone's any ideas, I'm listening.

Thanks

Reply to
jbysmith
Loading thread data ...

You may wish to investigate the Linksys Knowledge Base:

formatting link
Sincerely,

Brad Reese BradReese.Com® Cisco Resource Center Toll Free: 877-549-2680 International: 828-277-7272 Website:

formatting link

Reply to
BradReeseCom

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.