Point to point connection

I have 3 servers and an outloader at a hosting facility and am trying to connect them to my office via PTP. The configuration is as follows: we are getting our internet service and IP addresses from the hosting facility. We are plugged into one of their switches into a juniper router, which in turn is plugged into a 3com switch. We have 3 servers connected to the switch. the juniper is properly configured with all the necasary IP addresses. We are able to ping each server but we are unable to get out past the juniper.

we are attempting to go from the 3com switch into a PTP that carries the data and connection to our office into a DS3 that is converting signal to ethernet that we are plugging into a router to provide addresses to the local computers.

the issue we are running into at this time is we cant get signal out from the 3com switch thru the PTP to our office. Does the PTP ling out of our switch, that than runs into another network need to have an IP address?

the basics i guess are as follows, we have a 204 IP address going into the juniper, from there it is converted into a 172 IP address that is feeding the switch which in turn feeds the servers. now to go out of the switch do we need to have another router that accepts the internal IP of 172. and converts into the IP from the provider of the PTP? at which point once we get connection into our office can we than convert the IP address back to the 172?

Thanks in advance, i know its a little confusing.

Reply to
jsdranger
Loading thread data ...

On 2 Aug 2006 17:04:06 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote in :

Make sure you have proper gateway addresses and subnet masks.

It would really help to have a diagram of what you're trying to do, complete with IP addresses.

Reply to
John Navas

I know its tough to tell what we are doing with out a drawing.

all the gateways and subnet masks are in the juniper properly, the problem is coming out of the switch to the PTP. That is where we are stuck right now. Do we need an IP address coming out of the switch, into a second router, which than has the IP address for the PTP to our office?

John Navas wrote:

Reply to
jsdranger

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.