Other Verizon broadband internet services beside DSL and FIOS?

Hello.

I can't get cable, and Verizon's DSL and FIOS in my new home area. Are there any other Verizon services that will be suitable for a house family for speeds and little restrictions (caps, speeds, etc.)? I see wireless service, but they are for phones and not home computers.

Thank you in advance. :)

Reply to
Ant
Loading thread data ...

Well, there's Verizon's "mi-fi" cellular data modem cum wi-fi access point router gizmo. Your everyday-low-price office supply stores used to sell it for about $80 (+/-) but I have no idea how costly is VZW's monthly data service ... or whether perhaps Page Plus could be of any use with that.

A non-VZW solution might be "Clear" -- I know very little about them beyond

1) their sending me blurbs once a month or so touting their services, and 2) sad little reports from disappointed data users panning their services.

HTH. Cheers, -- tlvp

Reply to
tlvp

If you cannot get any wired service, then you will have to look at wireless 3G, 4G WiMax, etc options in your area.

Trying to share those connections with more than one computer however can be painful. It depends of course on your internet use behavior ... simple email and browsing, versus Netflix, or other streaming video and music ....

Reply to
riggor9999

TWC didn't pan out?

Reply to
Char Jackson

Check out VZ new home wireless service called "HomeFusion"...Google "verizon fusion".

Hi, I don't know that much about it yet, it just came out this month and probably isn't available in all area's just yet, but its been VZ intention all along to take back the data and home phone copper customers they sold-off to the smaller Telco's over the last few years. VZ also has a wireless "home phone" service that may not be available in all area's yet, sorry I don't remember what its called or branded as but you can find it doing a search.

formatting link
"BASKING RIDGE, N.J. ? March 6, 2012 ? Verizon Wireless today introduced HomeFusion Broadband: a new service that provides high-speed in-home Internet access using the power and speed of the nation's largest 4G LTE network. The solution will offer households in areas with limited broadband options a reliable alternative for data connectivity in their homes."

"HomeFusion Broadband is just one of the new products and services that is made possible with our 4G LTE network," said Tami Erwin, vice president and chief marketing officer, Verizon Wireless. "Customers want to connect more and more devices in their homes to the Internet, and HomeFusion Broadband gives them a simple, fast and effective way to bring the most advanced wireless connection from Verizon into their homes."

-- Patrick

Reply to
Patrick Phillips

formatting link

No doubt, it will be "limited"... LOL

Reply to
News

formatting link

It's an alternative but, $60.00/month, $200.00 for hardware @ 10GB/month is not really a good deal for a home user.

Reply to
David H. Lipman

I've been using an LG VL600 modem from Verizon on my desktop for over a year. Although it's 4G we're in a 3G area. Speed is @ 1.2. There is a

5g/m limit. Recently we finally got DSL available and have both on a Cradlepoint router. This works fairly well. The DSL is slower so we use Verizon until near 5 g and then unplug it.
Reply to
W. Wheeler

I see the "Verizon Wireless Home Phone Connect" is only $19.99 month unlimited calling, voice mail, caller ID, 3-way calling, etc. all the usual calling features with free long distance, but you buy the $129 wireless home modem, then your current home line phone [or wireless base unit] line phone's plug into.

2 year contract with $175 early termination fee.

formatting link

-- Patrick

Reply to
Patrick Phillips

formatting link
>

Plus a $10/Gb overage penalty.

Cheers

Reply to
Martin Riddle

formatting link
>>

Hmmm..... That really diminishes its "home" application.

Reply to
David H. Lipman

Depending upon your usage, look at netzero. They have a hotspot plan(s).

Cheers

Reply to
Martin Riddle

You need to carefully watch the billing ...

Reply to
NotMe

Yes, I know. I'm not a heavy user, but my router with dd-wrt shows that I'm 9gb/month.

Cheers

Reply to
Martin Riddle

The reference was to creative accounting and add ons.

Reply to
NotMe

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.