Linksys Wireless-G Notebook Adapter

I am having a problem accessing the internet with my laptop using the WPC54GS adapter.

I installed the software and the card on my Windows 2000 drive .... works perfectly. I installed the software and the card on my Windows 98SE drive ... problems.

When I perform a site search, highlight the detected network and click on connect, I am told that I am connected to the Access Point but the Internet cannot be found.

I contacted Linksys via their "chat" site and they discovered that the network card was not showing up in Device Manager. I unstalled everything and reinstalled again. The Linksys card now does show up in Device Manager under Networks but I get the same message when I connect to a network: Internet Cannot Be Found. Linksys said that the card is compatible with WIN 98SE.

Any suggestions?

Ernie

Reply to
ersirn
Loading thread data ...

You were mislead (lied to?)....Linksys specifically does *NOT* say that. At the linksys product site

formatting link
on data sheet (right hand side - more information - it's in PDF format) Under "minimum requirements" (Bottom left of the page) it specifically says "Windows 2000 and XP". Many products will specifically NOT work with Win98...It's a totally different technology. Have you considered upgrading?

Reply to
Peter Pan

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.