linksys wireless adaptor error

hi,i have recently developed a problem with my linksys wireless adaptor [wireless g with speedbooster] i can access the net ok but the icon for the adaptor has dissapeared from my icon tray! when you point the arrow over where the icon should be everything is fine except there is no icon,so i cannot access the adaptors menus to check my network etc.i get an error sound when i boot my pc up so something isnt working right.anybody shed some light on this weird problem? please! im running xp pack 2

Reply to
jocky
Loading thread data ...

Not sure of the problem here. If you want to access your connection properties and such, you can just go through: Start Menu > Control Panel > Network Connections.

Reply to
the.bassist

On Thu, 03 Aug 2006 20:13:22 GMT, "jocky" wrote in :

Is the icon hidden? Click on (

Reply to
John Navas

John Navas hath wroth:

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

On Thu, 03 Aug 2006 19:50:33 -0700, Jeff Liebermann wrote in :

Yuk. For the average user overwhelmed by crap they don't understand how to control, that can nearly obliterate the Task Bar.

Reply to
John Navas

John Navas hath wroth:

OK, I'm not the average user. I have very little running in the background. Counting icons, I currently have 12 icons. I could easily disable 4 of them. I do use Quick Launch, which also gobbles quite a bit of space on the task bar. If I need more space, I either enlarge the task bar for a 2nd row, or move the taskbar to the right side of the screen[1] which has more room, especially in a 16:9 screen. What I find offensive with the "Hide Inactive Icons" misfeature is that it's a moving target. Things appear and disappear. I usually ask my customers "what has changed" on the screen when something happens. They always ignore the system tray because of it's constantly changing contents. When I deliver a machine, it ALWAYS has the "Hide Incactive Icons" mis-feature disabled. Nobody has complained or turned it back.

Incidentally, I also turn off the "Audo Hide" feature that provides yet another moving target.

[1] Move mouse to lower right of screen on top of the time in the task bar. Press and hold the left mouse button. Move mouse toward right of screen. Release.
Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.