Linksys WAP54G and AES vs TKIP

I have a WLAN using the Linksys WAP54G access point implemented with the WPA-AES security mode. The group renewal key is set for 3600 seconds. I have the following wireless adaptors attached to the access point.

Linksys WPC54G Netgear WG-111 DELL 1350 Mini-PCI D-Link DWL-G122

I've tried using TKIP but the D-LINK adaptor would drop off the WLAN during the rekeying periods. No matter what time limit I set. The access point and adaptors are running with the latest and greatest drivers and firmware.

Reply to
nusr
Loading thread data ...

seconds. I

firmware.

Why not just use AES?

Reply to
Airhead

TKIP is WAP AES is WAP2

--redpill

Reply to
RedpIll

Taking a moment's reflection, nusr mused: | | I have a WLAN using the Linksys WAP54G access point implemented with the | WPA-AES security mode. The group renewal key is set for 3600 seconds. I | have the following wireless adaptors attached to the access point. | | Linksys WPC54G | Netgear WG-111 | DELL 1350 Mini-PCI | D-Link DWL-G122 | | I've tried using TKIP but the D-LINK adaptor would drop off the WLAN | during the rekeying periods. No matter what time limit I set. The access | point and adaptors are running with the latest and greatest drivers and | firmware.

So, what's the problem? AES is better than TKIP. Use it.

Reply to
mhicaoidh

Taking a moment's reflection, RedpIll mused: | | TKIP is WAP | AES is WAP2

You mean WPA and WPA2 ... WAP = wireless access point

Reply to
mhicaoidh

"mhicaoidh" wrote in news:cQA4e.3706$g65.3252@attbi_s52:

Errr...

WAP = Wireless Application Protocol This is what allows broswer-based access from mobile devices such as mobile phones (cell phones).

An access point is, by definition, wireless...

Kind regards

Reply to
Richard Perkin

Taking a moment's reflection, Richard Perkin mused: | | WAP = Wireless Application Protocol

It means that as well. Though, WAP is also an accepted acronym for wireless access point.

formatting link
| Kind regards

To you as well.

Reply to
mhicaoidh

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.