Linksys WCG200 wireless drop

hi

I got a linksys WCG200, everything works fine, only problem is the wireless it will drop it will drop once a day, during dinner time, sometime i just wait for 5 min it will come back, sometime i have to reset the router, after that, it will works fine for one more day.

anyone got any ideals?

thanks ahead willy

Reply to
WIlly Ci
Loading thread data ...

Microwave oven? perhaps!

(2.4GHz)

newsey

I got a linksys WCG200, everything works fine, only problem is the wireless it will drop it will drop once a day, during dinner time, sometime i just wait for 5 min it will come back, sometime i have to reset the router, after that, it will works fine for one more day.

anyone got any ideals?

thanks ahead willy

Reply to
Newsey Person

will come back,

Microwave oven interference. It may not be your own microwave oven.

The interference may be at the wireless client (laptop) and not at the WCG200.

Try running a continuous ping to the router with: start -> run -> cmd ping -t 192.168.1.1 If it stops and complains, then you've lost the wireless link between your computer and the WCG200 router.

You can also do the same thing to the IP address of your Comcast gateway IP address to see if you've lost connectivity to the internet. This should probably be done from a wired, and not wireless connected computer.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Or "lease time"?

Reply to
BruceM

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.