Is it possible to lock speed for a wireless connection?

Hello!

I seem to notice if my wireless speed goes higher than 2.0 Mbps on my Hawking Technology's Hi-Gain USB Wireless-G Adapter (Model: HWU54D), I get major packet losses to the D-Link DI-624 wireless router (192.168.0.1).

Is there a way to lock this 2.0 Mbps speed manually? I do not want the wireless connection to change (e.g., going up and down). I want it to stay at 2.0 Mbps (sweet spot). I don't care about the speed, I want stability. I am using Windows XP Professional SP2 and the latest driver from Hawking Technology.

Thank you in advance. :)

Reply to
ANTant
Loading thread data ...

Usually you can click on icon in system tray and wireless network settings change transmission rate from automatic to what you want.

Reply to
Ed Williams

The only thing I see is the current Mbps speed, but nothing to change. This is both in Windows XP SP2's wireless options and Envara Configuration Utility. Did I miss anywhere else?

Ed Williams wrote:

Reply to
ANTant

You might have to go under control panel, the system, then hardware to the device.

Reply to
Ed Williams

I don't see anything about speed there. :(

I see: Config file Country Code IBSS Orginator BeaconPeriod IBSS Orginator Channel IBSS Orginator Phy-Mode Network Address Station RtsThreshold Station ScanPolicy Tag

Ed Williams wrote:

Reply to
ANTant

Technology's Hi-Gain USB Wireless-G Adapter (Model: HWU54D), I get major packet losses to the D-Link DI-624 wireless router (192.168.0.1).

wireless connection to change (e.g., going up and down). I want it to stay at

2.0 Mbps (sweet spot). I don't care about the speed, I want stability. I am using Windows XP Professional SP2 and the latest driver from Hawking Technology.

Nevermind this request. I got packet losses again even at 2.0 Mbps, and my speed went down to 1.0 to be stable. Wow. Oh well. Thanks to all who replied. :(

Reply to
ANTant

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.