Is Belkin just not helping me?

Well, my wireless problems continue! I addressed an intermittant connection problem earlier, but now have another problem. I bought a Belkin Wireless G Plus (F5D7001) desktop wireless card to put in my desktop. This will capture a connection from a Zyxel 660 wireless modem/router.

The problem is that the Belkin doesn't see my connection but it does see other connections occationally. I have 2 laptops that see signal fine and I have tried having them turned off and completely shut off the cordless phone and removed batteries. Everyone once in a while the network comes up but then dies again (even if other computers connected perfectly) Belkin claims that there may be too much traffic on the channel the router has assigned. Too much traffic???? I'm not an expert, but I thought these routers were able to handle quite a bit of traffic, like 20+ at a time wirelessly.

Bottom line is that I have 2 laptops that connect with full signal and one desktop that cant find my connection (I am typing this right next to the desktop by the way) and Belkin didn't even want to troubleshoot once I told them that other networks were present. So, is Belkin just saying too bad and blaming it on my router/modem or is there something to what they say?

Any suggestions appreciated!!!

Reply to
gatorcellman
Loading thread data ...

Yeah, sounds like BS to me too! I mean what are the chances that this one last wireless card exceeded capacity of the router??

Would like to take it back but the store is about 4000 miles away!!! Thanks for the suggestion!

Reply to
gatorcellman

Yeah, other people's networks on the same channel. You can try another channel (the three non-overlapping ones that are worth trying are 1,6,11), but it sounds bogus to me. Take it back and try another brand.

Reply to
William P.N. Smith

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.