How wireless security works

I was catching up on my bathroom reading material when I blundered across a rather nice article on wireless security in Machine Design Magazine, Oct 23, 2008 Pg 44.

The article explains how all the acronyms go together, which ones talk to each other, and which are problematic. The article is aimed at engineers that are compentent in their field, but not necessarily in wireless technology. Therefore, the language is well above basic, but cluttered with crypto-babble, which methinks is right. Better yet, I couldn't find any mistakes. Worth reading and bookmarking.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann
Loading thread data ...

On Mon, 19 Oct 2009 15:59:43 -0700, Jeff Liebermann wrote in :

Agreed. Thanks.

Reply to
John Navas

Argh. Typo error. I mean't to mutter: "Therefore, the language is well above basic, but *NOT* cluttered with crypto-babble, which methinks is right.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Meanwhile, at the alt.internet.wireless Job Justification Hearings, Jeff Liebermann chose the tried and tested strategy of:

I preferred the first version :-)

Reply to
alexd

You should go there more often...

Reply to
Axel Hammerschmidt

That's the problem. We're now repairing my septic tank. Maybe it was the reading material that killed it.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Fiber increases throughput.

Reply to
Neill Massello

Too many jumbo frames?

Reply to
Neill Massello

Meanwhile, at the alt.internet.wireless Job Justification Hearings, Neill Massello chose the tried and tested strategy of:

Obviously he exceeded the MTU.

Reply to
alexd

Nope, although the collision avoidance mechanism sometimes fails causing constipation in the transmission line. There was plenty of tank capacity left for some addition waste material, which seems to be currently contaminating this newsgroup. Basically the tank caved in. It's getting rebuilt for the traditional exorbitant sum. I'm helping and becoming quite fluent in the language of effluent and profanity. Sorry, but no photos until all the bodies are properly buried. My guess the initial baptism of the septic will be in about 6 days. Meanwhile, I get to try out my camping skills at home.

Down periscope.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Isn't that 'fibre' to be canonical?

Reply to
msg

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.